How many times have you looked your loved one in his or her beautiful eyes during a time of conflict and thought to yourself–“Why don’t you understand me?”
You think you’ve expressed yourself clearly…You’ve used the best non-violent communication you know, “I” statements, and even still, he/she stands there, just looking at you, not getting you at all. This is a frustrating time in a relationship.
You want closeness and intimacy with your loved one, but you need to first get to a place of understanding in order to have it.. You want to understand and be understood and more than anything, you want to feel each other’s love.
There have been thousands of books written on the differences in the way men/women communicate, the way different personality types communicate, the way people who were brought up with very different role models communicate, the way people with different astrological signs communicate, etc., etc..
But, I really like how Dr. Gary Chapman breaks it down for us in his book The 5 Love Languages (which has been read by millions of people around the world). He recommends that when we learn our partner’s love language, we know better how to fill their “Love tank”. Do you say “I love you,” or, Do you show your love with an action or gift? Do you offer a loving touch? Or, Do you give quality time?
What does your loved one need?
If we can know how to love in easy moments, then times of conflict become less difficult.
Restore intimacy in your relationship by first filling each others “Love Tanks.”
Once you feel the love you desire, the intimacy you crave comes naturally.
Find your passion!
Did you know?
- Studies show sex decreases blood pressure (systolic blood pressure) and decreases heart attack risk
- (Men) Sex decreases prostate cancer risk (from increased ejaculation)
- (Women) Sex improves bladder control, increases lubrication and blood flow to the vaginal area
- Orgasm is a natural way to decreases pain (various types of pain including low back pain and arthritic pain), headaches and anxiety
- A healthy sex life is linked to improved overall level of self-esteem, decreased stress level and increased overall happiness.
- Good Sex increases muscle strength in the pelvic floor.
- Having sex increases your heart rate–the more creative you get and the longer you sustain having sex, it can become quite a workout!
Warning Increased intimacy with your partner might lead to ignoring his/her annoying habits (such as snoring and farting in bed, leaving the toilet seat up and leaving dishes in the sink!)
Let’s face it, there are so many reasons/obstacles why we don’t have sex with or loved one such as: stress, pain, time, disability, decreased lubrication, habit, lack of fitness level, fear of poor bladder control, fear of performance, lack of self esteem, etc.
The irony is–having sex actually helps so many of these obstacles. Need help with lubrication? Setting mood? Ideas for mixing things up? Not a problem! Visit our store, we have so many quality products that make having sex something you can’t wait to carve out the time for!
The Passionate Sex Company, LLC. will never discriminate anyone based on sexual orientation, gender, racial, ethnic or religious preferences.